We are on the frontline of HIV support in Eswatini, helping marginalised communities make their voices heard in national policy discussions.
Many of the people living with HIV in Eswatini are from marginalised populations, such as sex workers, prisoners and men who have sex with men (MSM).
DID YOU KNOW?
- 27.3% of the adult population of Eswatini is living with HIV.
- 60.5% of sex workers are living with HIV.
- 34.9% of prisoners are living with HIV.
We partner with CANGO, supporting their capacity-building work with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that focus on HIV.
Established in 1983 to improve the quality of life for the people of Eswatini, CANGO now has a membership of more than 70 NGOs. Through its HIV and AIDS Consortium, CANGO looks to influence national policy and support organisations that provide HIV prevention services, alongside treatment and support for those already living with the virus. In 2017, CANGO held a series of meetings with members of parliament to review bills that affect women and marginalised populations.
The organisation also works with adolescents and young people living with HIV, helping them to understand their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and stay healthy.
OUR IMPACT IN ESWATINI
In 2018, CANGO reached:
- 30,690 people with targeted HIV prevention activities.
- 31,476 people with integrated HIV/SRHR services.
- 2,725 people with activities to help them cope with the consequences of experiencing stigma and discrimination.
Will you help us end aids?
I would like to make a donation of:Please enter the amount you would like to donate, ie: '10.00'