In Eswatini, we are supporting marginalised communities to make their voices heard in national policy discussions on HIV.
Many of the people living with HIV in Eswatini are from marginalised populations, such as sex workers, prisoners and men who have sex with men (MSM).
Our work here concentrates on influencing national policy direction and helping young people living with HIV get the treatment and support they need.
Eswatini is one of seven countries in Eastern and Southern Africa to reach the 90-90-90 testing and treatment targets, meaning that:
- 90% of all people living with HIV know their HIV status.
- 90% of all people with diagnosed HIV infection receive sustained antiretroviral therapy.
- 90% of all people receiving antiretroviral therapy have viral suppression.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 27% of the adult population of Eswatini is living with HIV.
- 60.5% of sex workers are living with HIV.
- 34.9% of prisoners are living with HIV.
Meet one of Our partners
Coordinating Assembly of NGOs in Swaziland (CANGO)
We partner with CANGO, supporting their capacity-building work with non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that focus on HIV.
Established in 1983 to improve the quality of life for the people of Eswatini, CANGO now has a membership of more than 70 NGOs. Through its HIV and AIDS Consortium, CANGO looks to influence national policy and support organisations that provide HIV prevention services, alongside treatment and support for those already living with HIV.
The organisation also works with adolescents and young people living with HIV, helping them to understand their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and stay healthy.
OUR IMPACT IN ESWATINI
In 2019, CANGO reached:
- Over 71,000 people from marginalised or vulnerable populations with HIV prevention activities.
- Almost 65,000 young people with comprehensive sexuality education and/or life skills-based HIV education.
Our programmes in Eswatini
We do this because ICT allows for anonymity, which can be vital for stigmatised...
Will you help us end aids?
I would like to make a donation of:Please enter the amount you would like to donate, ie: '10.00'