Apply for a grant from the Rapid Response Fund
How to apply for a grant
Currently, we are accepting applications for Emergency Grants of up to $15,000. The questions below will help you determine if you are eligible.
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility, please submit your application by clicking on the button below. You can also fill out our application form in Spanish, Portuguese or French using the Google Translate tab in the bottom left-hand corner of this page.
We prioritise applications according to urgency of need. We aim to process applications for COVID-19 funding within one month.
Is the emergency grant right for me?
Emergency Response Grants are designed to help marginalised communities (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, sex workers, people living with HIV and people who use drugs) who are struggling to get urgent access to HIV services as a result of COVID-19.
Examples of eligible uses include:
- Food, temporary shelter and other essentials to help individuals maintain HIV treatment and comply with COVID-19 measures.
- Transport costs for mobile provision of HIV treatment or prevention and/or harm reduction services.
- Communication costs for providing remote support and information to marginalised groups.
- Adapting services to comply with COVID-19 measures, including securing or producing PPE for peer educators and other staff.
- Targeted advocacy in response to a specific threat, to strengthen the rights of key populations in the context of COVID-19.
- A practical response to a human rights violation affecting individuals or a specific community.
- Organisational security and relocation costs.
Examples of ineligible uses include:
- Research activities.
- Activities that have already taken place.
- Sub-granting to other organisations.
- Activities that specifically target children and adolescents below the age of 18.
- Activities that do not directly involve and benefit lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities; people who use drugs; people living with HIV; and/or sex workers.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the following three questions, please click on the Apply button below to go to the Emergency Grant application form.
- Are the people/person you intend to help experiencing threats, attacks, or imminent danger to their health, life or security?
- Is it critical that your HIV support work takes place within the next two weeks to address barriers that prevent people accessing HIV services?
- Is it critical that your COVID-19 prevention work takes place within the next two weeks to address additional vulnerabilities during the pandemic?