Our Technical Assistance work provides rapid, responsive and high-quality support to organisations who need advice and guidance to improve the way they work.
Technical assistance is non-financial support provided by experts. It usually involves sharing information and expertise, skills transfer, and experience sharing. We provide this to people and organisations at the community, national, and global levels.
Our Technical Assistance work has three key principles:
- Community empowerment
- Agile approach
- Focused on outcomes
HOW WE DO IT
We do this by recruiting highly qualified, Southern-based, community consultants to work together with recipients to deliver the support that is needed. Having a pool of consultants means that we are ready to rapidly choose and introduce a well-matched consultant at any time.
Our consultants have extensive experience in:
- HIV prevention and treatment; malaria; tuberculosis
- Health economics; finance; monitoring, evaluation and learning; health and community systems strengthening; procurement and supply chain monitoring; information technology
- Advocacy and engagement; policy; governance and leadership
- Human rights; harm reduction; gender; sexual and reproductive health and rights
Each consultant will be supported and managed by a Delegated Technical Manager. This person ensures that the support delivered by the consultant is of high quality.
Since we began our work, we have managed the delivery of over £8m worth of technical assistance and delivered over 200 assignments.
WHERE WE DO IT
We work globally, reaching over 53 countries since 2018, including:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Bangladesh, Belize, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, India, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malaysia, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Uganda, Vietnam, Zanzibar and Zimbabwe
To find out more, email us at email@example.com outlining which of the following areas of our Technical Assistance work you are interested in:
- Becoming a Technical Assistance consultant
- Requesting Technical Assistance
- Supporting Technical Assistance.